TechOps – Malta
MAIN TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
• Leading operational support of physical infrastructure and cloud technologies including Linux/Windows Servers, Virtualisation platforms, Storage, and Networks
• Perform installations, upgrades, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and fine-tuning of the company’s IT infrastructure
• Perform server/network security assessment and execute hardening of the operating system
• Monitoring and management of issues/ risks and escalating appropriately
• Proactive monitoring of the company’s infrastructure and IT systems
• Research, develop and implement new technology initiatives
• Develop and maintain operational procedures
• Manage the availability of the infrastructure and the platform by developing, monitoring, and troubleshooting the backup and recovery strategy
• Implement automation using scripts for relevant use cases in monitoring and infrastructure operations
• Preparation of documentation post-project implementation
• Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar role.
• Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN), and patch management.
• Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
• Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl, or other languages.
• Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
• Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
• Excellent communication skills.